Data Access/OR Mapping
- MyBatis : http://www.mybatis.org/
couples objects with stored procedures or SQL statements using a XML descriptor.
- MyBatis-Spring : http://www.mybatis.org/spring/
allows MyBatis to participate in Spring transactions, takes care of building MyBatis mappers and SqlSessions and inject them into other beans, translates MyBatis exceptions into Spring DataAccessExceptions, and finally, it lets you build your application code free of dependencies on MyBatis, Spring or MyBatis-Spring.
- log4jdbc : http://code.google.com/p/log4jdbc/
a Java JDBC driver that can log SQL and/or JDBC calls (and optionally SQL timing information) for other JDBC drivers using the Simple Logging Facade For Java (SLF4J) logging system.
- FreeMarker : http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/
a "template engine"; a generic tool to generate text output (anything from HTML to autogenerated source code) based on templates.
- JUnit : http://junit.org/
a simple framework to write repeatable tests.
- TestNG : http://testng.org/
a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit but introducing some new functionalities that make it more powerful and easier to use.
- Compass : http://compass-style.org/
open-source CSS Authoring Framework.
- Commons-Collections with Generics : https://github.com/megamattron/collections-generic
a new version of the popular Jakarta Commons-Collections project that introduces support for Java 1.5 Generics.
- Guava : http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/
contains several of Google's core libraries that we rely on in our Java-based projects: collections, caching, primitives support, concurrency libraries, common annotations, string processing, I/O, and so forth.
- Prometheus : http://prometheus.codehaus.org/
a concurrency library for Java 5 and higher and will be released under the MIT license.
- Jetlang : http://code.google.com/p/jetlang/
a complement to the java.util.concurrent package introduced in 1.5 and should be used for message based concurrency similar to event based actors in Scala.
- JUNG : http://jung.sourceforge.net/
a software library that provides a common and extendible language for the modeling, analysis, and visualization of data that can be represented as a graph or network.
- SIGAR : http://sourceforge.net/projects/sigar/
a cross-platform, cross-language library and command-line tool for accessing operating system and hardware level information in Java, Perl and .NET.
- javaparser : http://code.google.com/p/javaparser/
A Java 1.5 Parser with AST generation and visitor support.
- JFreeChart : http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/
makes it easy for developers to display professional quality charts in their applications.
- Datejs : http://code.google.com/p/datejs/
- SyntaxHighlighter : http://alexgorbatchev.com/SyntaxHighlighter/
- Raphaël : http://raphaeljs.com/
- Processing.js : http://processingjs.org/
the sister project of the popular Processing visual programming language, designed for the web.
- D3 : http://d3js.org/
- Rickshaw : http://code.shutterstock.com/rickshaw/
- available under the MIT license.
- Google Chart Tools : https://developers.google.com/chart/
provide a perfect way to visualize data on your website.
- JSXGraph : http://jsxgraph.uni-bayreuth.de/wp/
a cross-browser library for interactive geometry, function plotting, charting, and data visualization in a web browser.
- Galleria : http://galleria.io
- Nivo Slider : http://nivo.dev7studios.com/
- Jackson : http://jackson.codehaus.org/
JSON processor (JSON parser + JSON generator) written in Java.
- Java Expression Language (JEXL) : http://commons.apache.org/jexl/
a library intended to facilitate the implementation of dynamic and scripting features in applications and frameworks written in Java.
Java Code Analysis
- Sonar : http://www.sonarsource.org/
Open platform to manage code quality.
- JDepend : http://www.clarkware.com/software/JDepend.html
Traverses Java class file directories and generates design quality metrics for each Java package.
- JDepend 2.9.1 API : http://mcs.une.edu.au/doc/javadoc/jdepend-2.9.1/
- Checkstyle : http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/
Development tool to help programmers write Java code that adheres to a coding standard.
Java Monitoring and Diagnostic
- VisualVM : http://visualvm.java.net/
Visual tool integrating several commandline JDK tools and lightweight profiling capabilities.
- IBM Health Center : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/tools/healthcenter/
enables you to assess the current status of a running Java application.
Java Dump Analysis
- IBM HeapAnalyzer : https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/groups/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=4544bafe-c7a2-455f-9d43-eb866ea60091
Analyzes Java heap dumps by parsing the Java heap dump, creating directional graphs, transforming them into directional trees, and executing the heuristic search engine.
- IBM Thread and Monitor Dump Analyzer for Java : https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/groups/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=2245aa39-fa5c-4475-b891-14c205f7333c
Analyzes javacore and diagnoses monitor locks and thread activities in order to identify the root cause of hangs, deadlocks, and resource contention or monitor bottlenecks.
- Thread Dump Analyzer : http://java.net/projects/tda
Analyzes Thread Dumps of Sun, SAP and JRockit (partial).
- Eclipse Memory Analyzer : http://www.eclipse.org/mat/
Fast and feature-rich Java heap analyzer that helps you find memory leaks and reduce memory consumption.
C/C++ Code Analysis
- Cppcheck : http://cppcheck.sourceforge.net/
open source static code analyzer tool for C/C++ programming languages. It's a versatile tool that can check non-standard code.
- Dehydra : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Dehydra_GCC
a lightweight, scriptable, general purpose static analysis tool capable of application-specific analyses of C++ code.
- Firebug : http://getfirebug.com/
- JSHint : http://www.jshint.com/
- JSLint : http://www.jslint.com/
SQL Client/Database Management
- SQuirreL SQL Client : http://www.squirrelsql.org/
A graphical Java program that will allow you to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, issue SQL commands etc.
- IBM Data Studio : http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/optim/data-studio/
- Provides database developers and DBAs an integrated, modular environment for productive administration of DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Provides collaborative database development tools for DB2, Informix, Oracle, and Sybase at no charge.
- Oracle SQL Developer : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/
System Monitor Tool
- nmon : http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/WikiPtype/nmon
free tool giving you a huge amount of important performance information in one go.
- top : http://www.unixtop.org/
a UNIX utility that provides a rolling display of top cpu using processes.
- Nmap : http://nmap.org/
a free and open source (license) utility for network discovery and security auditing.
- Wireshark : http://www.wireshark.org/
lets you capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network.
- IzPack : http://izpack.org/
A widely used tool for packaging applications on the Java platform.
- Inno Setup : http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
A free installer for Windows programs.
- Nullsoft Scriptable Install System : http://nsis.sourceforge.net/
A professional open source system to create Windows installers.
- Publican : https://fedorahosted.org/publican/
A tool for publishing material authored in DocBook XML.
- MySchedule : http://code.google.com/p/myschedule/
a web application for managing Quartz Schedulers.
- Scriptella : http://scriptella.javaforge.com/
An open source ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) and script execution tool written in Java.
PC Diagnostic and Recovery
- Hiren's BootCD : http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
A bootable software CD containing a number of diagnostic programs such as partitioning agents, system performance benchmarks, disk cloning and imaging tools, data recovery tools, MBR tools, BIOS tools, and many others for fixing various computer problems.
For download and more information, refer fan & discussion site.
- rsync : http://rsync.samba.org/
An open source utility that provides fast incremental file transfer.
For front-end soft-wares or solutions based on rsync, refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync#Solutions_using_Rsync.
- Open Source Web Design : http://www.oswd.org/
A site to download free web design templates and share yours with others.
- Tango Desktop Project : http://tango.freedesktop.org/
Defines an icon style guideline to which artists and designers can adhere and provides a sample implementation of the style as an icon theme based upon a standardized icon naming specification.
- Silk Icons : http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
A smooth, free icon set, containing over 700 16-by-16 pixel icons in strokably-soft PNG format.
- Liquid Look And Feel : http://sourceforge.net/projects/liquidlnf/
Java2 Swing Look and Feel of Mosfet Liquid KDE 3.x theme.